MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION: (Call Pam Levi if you have questions - 843-277-7050)
- Click here for membership information
- Click here for membership application.
- Click here for membership frequently asked questions and answered
Friday, September 23 - Regular Dance Party
- 7:30 East Coast Swing Lesson with Debbie Housand
- 8:30 - 11:00 Dance Party with DJ Steve Martindale, Reception Gunars Medins, and Host Jody Martindale.
- $10 BDC Members, $15 Non-Members *
- * Discounts - USA Dance Members who live outside the Tri-County Area, Students under 25, and Active Military all get in for the member price of $10.
- If it is your first time at BDC, ask for a $5 discount coupon!
Saturday, September 24 - National Ballroom Dance Week Finale!
Ladies, pull out your sparkle or ruffles--Fancy Schmancy is the dress for Saturday and entertainment is on tap for a FUN evening!
If you are interested in performing, that would be great, please contact Pam Levi 843-276-7050 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are celebrating DANCE and the more the merrier!
- 7:30 - 11:00 Dance Party with performances and a food feast mixed in! DJ Shirley Cooper, Hosts Shelby Groome and Anne deGraaf, and Reception Rob Olszewski.
- Come hungry, Shelby is making pulled pork and there will be lots of sides. This is a potluck though and we are counting on everyone pitching in to make it a feast! Most needed are vegetables, green salads or slaw, and rolls! To see the sign-up list so far, click here!
- Pam has several performances lined up for YOUR entertainment! These will be scattered throughout the evening.
- What we know for sure - Marina and Caesar are dancing a Viennese Waltz and the Monday Class is performing "Gernade".
- $10 for EVERYONE - Members and Non-Members!
Group Classes October 2016
October group classes start on Monday, October 3, 2016. The very best time to start is on the first week so that you get the full benefit of the learn, repeat, learn some more, repeat, etc system.
The first step is to pick a class that fits your skill level -
- Advanced Bolero - Monday 7:00 - 8:00p by Debbie Housand
- Intermediate/Advanced Tango - Tuesday 7:00 - 8:00p by David Roland
- Beginner 1 Foxtrot - Wednesdays 7:00 - 7:45p by Debbie Housand
- Beginner Practice Dance - Wednesday 7:45-8:15 (Two Instructors will be available to help)
- Beginner 2 Cha Cha - Wednesday 8:15 - 9:00p by Mike Hogarth
- Technique - Cha Cha - Thursday 6:00 - 7:00p by David Roland
Prices for Classes:
- $10 per week for members, non-members or drop-ins. You do not have to pay in advance.
Member's Class (all levels/classes except beginner class):
- $10 per week paid in advance
- $15 for single class NOT paid in advance
Guests (Non-BDC Members) all levels/classes except beginner class:
- $15 per week paid in advance
- $20 for drop-ins for class (all drop-ins require instructor permission)
BDC HITS THE ROAD
Susan Brock has been working very hard to get performances set up to let people in the community know three things:
- We exist. What we have is very rare nationwide! Most USA Dance Chapters have one dance a month and NO facility of their own.
- There is professional and affordable dancing right here in Charleston!
- Dancing is great fun at all levels and the health benefits are proven. Showing them is better than telling them.
If you would like to perform either a solo or as part of a group free-style dance, please reply to this email. It's easy, just commit to the events you can attend and what you would like to dance. Dates and locations are:
- Saturday, October 15 - Tanger Outlet Mall - Fundraiser for Susan G. Koman Foundation. 12:00 noon
- Saturday, October 29 - Mt. Pleasant Town Center 1:00
- Saturday, November 5 - Coastal Carolina Fair 1:00 - 1:30
- Saturday, December 3 - Citadel Mall
Thanks Susan! Go BDC!
Lineup for October
Mark your calendars.....
- Friday, September 30 Waltz Workshop with David Roland
- Friday, October 7 - Shag Dance Party
- Saturday, October 8 - Polish Heritage Party - Enjoy some authentic Polish food, wear their national colors of red and white, learn the Polonaize Dance, enter for a unique Polish door prize -- this was a blast last year! Thanks to Margaret and Urszula for volunteering again.
- Friday, October 14 - Argentine Tango Workshop with Dale Ellison
- Saturday, October 15, 12:00 noon. Performance Team at Tanger Outlet - come out and support BDC!
- Friday, October 21 - Cha Cha Workshop with Debbie Housand
- Saturday, October 22 - Halloween Costume Party! Hosts needed.
- Friday, October 28 - for those of you who missed it last time, Linda will teach the West Coast Swing line dance "Swing your Chains". Click here for a short video.
- Saturday, October 29, 1:00 - Performance Team at Mt. Pleasant Towne Centere - help us have a big crowd!
CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED
All classes require instructor approval if started in week 2 or after.
Videos Posted - Change of Location for new Videos
Due to a change with Shutterfly, we are now posting videos from lessons and workshops on this website.
You can click on "videos" in the menu section in the top right corner of the website and then choose the video you would like to review.
Prior to August 2016, you can see past videos on the BDC Shutterfly site. The link to the Shutterfly site is also listed in this "video" section for your convenience.
Floor Use Reminder
Practice: One of the benefits of being a BDC member is that you can rent our dance floor for practice about any time except during BDC classes and parties for only $10 an hour. You must be a member to rent the floor and there is a limit of four people. Contact Pam or Todd for the code to get in the building and for the alarm.
Procedure - You can either drop the money in the safe with envelopes provided (with your name) or put your name on the log located on the supply cabinet and you will be billed the next month. Please remember to either leave payment or log your time, we are on the honor system here!
Special Events: The floor can also be rented for special events such as anniversaries provided it is not already scheduled and it is approved by the board. Sundays are about the only evening time slots we have available - we are very busy! And that is a good thing.
Pre-Paid Admittance Cards
Need a gift idea? The new cards are printed and will fit the bill perfectly for any BDC activity. The cards may be purchased in any amount for any BDC activity. - classes, parties, workshops, balls! This is a great a way to encourage a friend to give dancing a try or simply make it easier for our current members to participate a little more. For more information email Connie Vance - email@example.com
To protect our beautiful floor, please wear dance shoes or smooth leather soles that have been cleaned of street dirt. Spike heels or other type shoes will harm the floor.