MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION: (Call Pam Levi if you have questions - 843-277-7050)
- Click here for membership information
- Click here for membership application.
- Click here for membership frequently asked questions and answered
ANNUAL MEETING - SATURDAY DECEMBER 17, 2016-held prior to the Saturday party. If members attend the annual meeting, party admittance is FREE!
Group Classes November 2016
October group classes start on Tuesday, November 1, 2016. The very best time to start is on the first week so that you get the full benefit of the learn, repeat, learn some more, repeat, etc system.
The first step is to pick a class that fits your skill level -
- Advanced Bolero - Monday 7:00 - 8:00p by Debbie Housand
- Intermediate/Advanced Bolero - Tuesday 7:00 - 8:00p by David Roland
- Beginner 1 Tango - Wednesdays 7:00 - 7:45p by Debbie Housand
- Beginner Practice Dance - Wednesday 7:45-8:15 (Two Instructors will be available to help)
- Beginner 2 Foxtrot - Wednesday 8:15 - 9:00p by James Jiang (substitute for Mike Hogarth)
- Technique - Waltz - Thursday 6:00 - 7:00p by David Roland
Prices for Classes:
- $10 per week for members, non-members or drop-ins. You do not have to pay in advance.
Member's Class (all levels/classes except beginner class):
- $10 per week paid in advance
- $15 for single class NOT paid in advance
Guests (Non-BDC Members) all levels/classes except beginner class:
- $15 per week paid in advance
- $20 for drop-ins for class (all drop-ins require instructor permission)
Lineup for October
Lineup for October
This is a fun packed month once again! This group of events will take 27 volunteers plus all those dancing in the two off-site performances. Many many thanks to all of you, it would not happen without YOU! You are the main ingredient to our success.
Mark your calendars.....
- Friday, October 21 - Cha Cha Workshop with Debbie Housand
- Saturday, October 22 - Halloween Costume Party - Hosts are needed to make this happen. If you enjoy decorating and creating a fun atmosphere, contact Marcia. This is a potluck and decorations are available. firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-270-5897
- Friday, October 28 - for those of you who missed it last time, Linda will teach the West Coast Swing line dance "Swing your Chains". Click here for a short video.
- Saturday, October 29, 1:00 - Performance Team at Mt. Pleasant Towne Centere - help us have a big crowd!
CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED
All classes require instructor approval if started in week 2 or after.
Videos Posted - Change of Location for new Videos
Due to a change with Shutterfly, we are now posting videos from lessons and workshops on this website.
You can click on "videos" in the menu section in the top right corner of the website and then choose the video you would like to review.
Prior to August 2016, you can see past videos on the BDC Shutterfly site. The link to the Shutterfly site is also listed in this "video" section for your convenience.
Floor Use Reminder
Practice: One of the benefits of being a BDC member is that you can rent our dance floor for practice about any time except during BDC classes and parties for only $10 an hour. You must be a member to rent the floor and there is a limit of four people. Contact Pam or Todd for the code to get in the building and for the alarm.
Procedure - You can either drop the money in the safe with envelopes provided (with your name) or put your name on the log located on the supply cabinet and you will be billed the next month. Please remember to either leave payment or log your time, we are on the honor system here!
Special Events: The floor can also be rented for special events such as anniversaries provided it is not already scheduled and it is approved by the board. Sundays are about the only evening time slots we have available - we are very busy! And that is a good thing.
Pre-Paid Admittance Cards
Need a gift idea? The new cards are printed and will fit the bill perfectly for any BDC activity. The cards may be purchased in any amount for any BDC activity. - classes, parties, workshops, balls! This is a great a way to encourage a friend to give dancing a try or simply make it easier for our current members to participate a little more. For more information email Connie Vance - email@example.com
To protect our beautiful floor, please wear dance shoes or smooth leather soles that have been cleaned of street dirt. Spike heels or other type shoes will harm the floor.