- 7:30 Week 4 of Progressive Tango with Michael Hogarth
- 8:30 Dance Party with DJ Beverly Birkhimer, Host Marie Cristo, Reception Lou Cristo
- $10 BDC Members, $15 Non-BDC Members
- 7:30 Rumba Lesson with Travis Willett of Fred Astaire
- 8:30 Dance Party with DJ Steve Martindale, Host Connie Vance, Reception Todd Biegger
- $10 BDC Members, $15 Non-BDC Members
April Classes Start Next Week
Week one is the time to start classes in order to get the best benefit and for the Beginner, Technique, and Rotating, that is next week! The April lineup includes Monday - Advanced Foxtrot, Tuesday - Intermediate Tango, Wednesday - Beginner Cha Cha, Thursday - Smooth Technique and East Coast Swing.
A calendar is posted on our general website that shows a complete list of classes and parties. James Jiang will be our guest instructor for Thursdays at 7:00 teaching East Coast Swing.
Prices for Classes:
Members and Beginner's Class:
- $10 per week paid in advance
- $15 for a single class not paid for in advance
Guests (Non-BDC Members)
- $15 per week paid in advance
- $20 for a single class not paid in advance
All Classes require instructor approval if started in week 2 or after.
Thanks to Jan Hyatt for another great Newsletter. This will be posted on our general website very soon.
This issue includes the President's Corner, Birthdays, New Member Profile, Discounts, Class Information, Video Listing, and Party Information.
Membership Total - 128!
It is great to see so many new faces at the ballroom! Our newsletter editor, Jan Hyatt, would love to feature you in the next issue. This helps us get better acquainted faster. If you would like to participate, contact Jan at email@example.com or call 843-822-4703.
Floor Use Reminder
All BDC members may rent the floor for practice at $10 per hour or $5 per half-hour. If you have questions regarding times available or how to access the facility, please contact Pam Levi at 843-276-7050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, if you take private lessons, please remember to log in at the information cabinet in the shoe changing area.
Phoenix Ball Video and Picture Information:
Additional photos of the Phoenix Ball have been added.
Video: Someone captured the Cha Cha formation by Debbie Housand and 23 of her Monday Anything Goes Class students on video and posted it to YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hw9a3XvCeA&feature=youtu.be
Photos: Photos of this event are posted on Shutterfly https://charlestonballroomdanceclub.shutterfly.com/pictures.
The first time you download pictures it takes a little longer but after that, it is very simple and it's free. You may also order hard copies directly from Shutterfly. If you have problems with either method, reply to this email.
1. Select the picture you want to download
2. A black box will appear to the right of the picture.
3. Select "Download Picture.
4. It will ask you to log in as a member.
5. The first time you do this, select "not a Member"
6. Enter your name, email, and password, you are now a member.
7. It should download to your computer.
After you have signed up as a member (# 5 and 6) you can skip those steps.
After you sign in as a member, you can download several pictures without logging in for each picture. (steps 1-3)
New! Pre-Paid Admittance Cards
Need a gift idea? The new cards are printed and will fit the bill perfectly for any BDC activity. The cards may be purchased in any amount for any BDC activity. - classes, parties, workshops, balls! This is a great a way to encourage a friend to give dancing a try or simply make it easier for our current members to participate a little more. For more information email Connie Vance - email@example.com
To protect our beautiful floor, please wear dance shoes or smooth leather soles that have been cleaned of street dirt. Spike heels or other type shoes will harm the floor.
Provided below are the contact phone numbers of our independent dance instructors:
- Debbie Housand, 843-991-3601
- David Roland, 843-568-6888
- Mike Hogart, 843-810-9160
- Samantha Hunzinger, 843-754-6789